top of page

Witness Testifies in Court Over Alleged Fake Canada Visa Fraud Case

Witness Testifies in Court Over Alleged Fake Canada Visa Fraud Case

A key witness on Wednesday 20th May 2026 testified in the ongoing case against Lamin Darbor, who is accused of orchestrating a fraudulent scheme involving a fake Canadian visa arrangement.


The court heard emotional testimony from witness Isha Titi Kamara, who detailed her alleged financial loss and the circumstances under which she claims she was deceived by the defendant.


Kamara told the court that she was initially contacted through an individual identified as Sam, whom she believed to be associated with Darbor. She explained that although she initially blocked the contact, Darbor later reached out directly, urging her to unblock Sam and continue communication, assuring her that they were jointly handling her travel arrangements.


According to her testimony, Sam later requested USD 700, claiming the payment was required for visa processing. Kamara said she contacted Darbor for confirmation, and he advised her to proceed with the payment.


She further stated that she was instructed to send the money via bank transfer to a BNB account provided to her after speaking with another individual, Mohamed Seiba. Shortly after the transaction, Kamara alleged that both Sam and Darbor blocked her contact.


The witness told the court that she later re-established communication with Darbor via WhatsApp, where he introduced himself as “Darbir” and promised her a final opportunity to secure the visa, assuring her that she would be refunded if the process failed.


Kamara testified that she later travelled to Guinea to complete biometric procedures, where she paid an additional USD 50. However, upon completion, she received a document in French which, after translation, indicated that no visa application had been submitted on her behalf. Her passport was subsequently returned without a visa.


She said she immediately contacted Darbor, who allegedly insulted her and blamed her for the failed process. Kamara further told the court that despite repeated demands for a refund, Darbor disappeared for over a year and a half before being traced, arrested, and taken to Lumley Police Station, where the matter was formally reported.


During cross-examination, the defence counsel reportedly attempted to challenge the credibility of the witness’s testimony. However, Magistrate John Manso Fornah emphasized the need for thorough judicial examination of the evidence.


Magistrate Fornah subsequently ordered that Lamin Darbor be remanded at the Male Correctional Centre and adjourned the matter to 25th May 2026, allowing the prosecution time to present additional witnesses and evidence.


The case highlights growing concerns over visa-related fraud schemes targeting unsuspecting applicants, while proceedings continue as the court seeks to establish the full facts of the matter.

Comments


bottom of page